Today, massive pollution and wasteful habits are wreaking havoc across the globe. Living in Hong Kong, we see this daily and it is truly heartbreaking. Here at My Chic Bunny, we want to leave the planet as beautiful and healthy as we found it, so our babies and baby bunnies can enjoy it too!
As mothers, it is easy to say that we have nothing to do with this mess – it is, after all, the factories and manufacturing plants who are generating the lions share of the waste. While this may be true, that doesn’t mean that we can’t do our part! Every little bit helps, after all.
Here are a few of Bunny’s easy environmental tips for moms and their families across the globe:
- Pack lunches in reusable containers! All of those plastic and paper bags add up in the trash bins – using a reusable Tupperware container can be a great help.
- Recycle! It is not a new concept by any means, but too many of us don’t do it!
- Explore the world with your families! Inspiring children to care about the environment is a great first step. Even a busy metropolitan area like Hong Kong has plenty of outdoor activities. Bunny loves taking her baby bunnies to Repulse Bay in the summer!
- Learn together! Like enjoying the outdoors, reading to your children about nature or watching environmentally conscious television programs can help them grow fond of the world they live in.
- Buy used items! There are many items which do not necessarily need to be bought new, such as cars or children’s toys. Of course, if you do want to buy a new item, Bunny has many environmentally conscious hair accessories for sale at her website!
- Start a garden! Space is at a premium here in Hong Kong, but there are still opportunities to start small gardens on rooftops or balconies. Even taking care of a small potted plant can be a great family bonding experience.
- Go digital! Instead of receiving correspondence by the mail, try to opt for digital notifications when receiving phone bills, bank statements and so on. Here at My Chic Bunny, our newsletter is 100% digital and can be registered for here !
- Buy Bulk! Not only does buying bulk save money, but it is also great for the environment! The next time you buy a product, look at all the excess packaging. I bet you will be shocked! Buying bulk means less packaging and therefore less waste.
These are just a few of Bunny’s favourite tips, but there are many, many more things you can do!